Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Two Days Finally on a Tuesday

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Julie Delpy? It's always a bit disconcerting to hear that NYU-influenced accent when she speaks English, making me almost think she's faking it when she speaks her mother tongue. I enjoyed Two Days in Paris this summer, and it's nice to have it finally on DVD if only to push pause for that 18th of a second glimpse of the photo of Adam Goldberg with the balloons. It's definitely not air brushed but now I'll have to wonder if it's Photoshopped.,

Rewatching it, I can't help but thinking how her parents remind me of a dozen or so couples of that same vintage living in Marin County, right down to the funky house with black mold in the shower.

Even if the basic structure of the film has been milked countless other times before, it still feels oddly fresh. I've also had 90% of the conversations with Goldberg's Jack in 92% of my past relationships. Even odder, I have them now that they're exes. I saw one this weekend who made reference to the poet Rambo whose posters are still all over the Mission, dripping paint and all.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Just hear the voice of Sly Stallone in your head: "Now begins your SEASON IN HELL..."

But if he were saying it, that would be more like, "Nuoh buhgih yh zznn id hll..."

Or envision the inevitable moment where Richard Crenna is called into the command center by whatever evil straw man is running the show. As always, he says, "But there's one thing you forgot."
Evil straw man says, "Yeah, what's that?"
Looking the camera defiantly in the eye, Crenna barks, "Rimbaud!"

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Rich - Well, I've never seen any of THOSE Rimbaud movies, so you're talking above my head. "Nuoh buhgih yh zznn id hll..." sounds a lot like me asking for directions to the Louvre in French.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home