Friday, February 01, 2008

Six Months, Two Discs

When the original version of Zodiac was made available in July, it was frustratingly released with absolutely no extras. If ever a DVD cried out for explanation, this one did. I was miffed but without hesitation got the two disc, jam-packed "director's cut" that has arrived not even six months later. I was expecting it to come by 2009 or so, but this sort of rush to get it on digital and then release a definitive two-disc version at essentially the same price so soon seems extremely exploitive. Ah, well, one more DVD to add to the garage sale pile along with the duplicates of films I bought after happy hour only to come home to grumble, "Ooops, I bought that on Amazon three months ago.."

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger m00nchild said...

was the movie good? i never saw it.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Oh, the move was good! If you have an extra copy, you can send it to him, JunkThief...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

m00nchild - I actually liked it, partly for seeing SF back in that period. Some people thought it wastoo dry. The extras are really great, almost better than the movie. There are extensive interviews with investigating policemen, survivors.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

JDZS - Sure, just let me know where to send it.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I didn't see this movie but heard it was excellent and I do want to see it. I remember hearing about this when I was a boy and hearing a recording of his voice which freaked me out so much I locked all the doors and windows in the house. This was in the middle of summer without AC and I was so hot but at least I felt safe.

BTW - Joy and I are having a VOTD viewing with some friends on Friday night. I wish you could be there. We will raise a toast to you and look forward to your visit (this spring?).

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - It's a long intriguing story. I think what's really most spooky is that the man that likely did it is not some raging monster or Hannibal Lector, just a bland nobody obsessed with fame and cruelty. I find that much more unsettling to realize that the boring looking guy across from you on the BART or IRT that you don't give a second thought to could be a serial killer.

Oh, I'll be there planting my own tree in spirit at least for the VOTDs screening.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger WAT said...

I LOVE U JAKEY G.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Oh, yes, Jakey G...And what is Junk Thief? Chopped Livah?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home