Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Glories of Indirect Light

Junk Thief has never been a fan of direct sunlight and has been known to go into a coma when he is forced to be around unfiltered overhead light for any extended time. While Blanche Dubois favored her little Chinese lanterns, Junk Thief is more fond of those of the Japanese order and has been trying them out in certain parts of the Junkplex. This is the latest addition above JT's ever growing turntable shrine. The question now is whether or not this theme should be extended post-taxes on the long awaited hallway make over project that will include floor renovation (hired out), molding (by JT) and new lighting (hired out/JT). This Tokyo de San Francisco theme would give the Junkplex an aura of Sam Fuller's The House of Bamboo, and we'd just not be able to keep Bryce Digdug away.

By the way, the print on the lower left was a gift given to Junk Thief on his first visit to Vietnam in 1996, a customized block print of the return of the Mandarin scholar, a theme he saw re-enacted the night before at the Thang Long waterpuppet show. Oh, on the theme of worst names for restaurants, Thang Long us up there.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I love that you threw in a reference to Blanche and the Chinese lanterns. I find one can work in a little Streetcar in just about any situation.

I say go for it with the renovation. This way when I come to visit I'll be presented in the best possible light. :)

You must also post pictures of JT in full construction garb.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - If you're coming to visit, then I'll really be motivated to get this project underway. I'll try to post some shots of me sporting my big tool belt.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junque Thief -
It was good seeing you at the Hunky Jesuit Competition in your spring vest. Not only are those new Jesuits hunky, but they are smart too. I loved seeing a leprachan pogo dancing. Buddy became cranky later in the day- too much excitement for him and I think he was too hot (tempature wise) in his expensive Easter outfit from Lil' Brats, the childrens' boutique.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - Thanks. It was a fun day. Video to be posted before midnight I hope! Actually that vest is a late summer/early autumn number, but it also works well for spring.

I can see that you are coming to understand the challenges of parenthood with Buddy. You should have heard what Bunter said when I came home and he ranted about not getting to see the hunky Jesuists.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

While I'm a huge fan of direct sunlight, I HATE direct indoor lighting - it's just far too harsh!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

JDZS - I enjoy direct sunlight as long as I can look at it from the shade or indoors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home