Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't Forget to Put a Flower in Your Hair

Looking for another reason to come to San Francisco? We just officially added a new tourist attraction with gas topping $4 a gallon. Apparently the highest price this weekend was in South San Francisco at $3.29 a gallon, but several places in the city have topped $4, sustaining San Francisco bragging rights of having the most pricey gas in the U.S. There are several reports of stations having people stopping to have their picture taken in front of the signs. I guess that is more interesting back in Omaha than seeing Aunt Louise in yet another picture in front the Golden Gate Bridge or Coit Tower.

So, if you're looking for a reason to come for a visit the summer, you have something you might not find in Texas or Tennesse. Or you might want to want until the holidays when it could reach $5. However, you may have to walk or ride your bike to get here.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll just try to find someone willing to Photoshop me into a picture of a SF gas station sign.

Maybe that'll bring demand down. :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Emily - That sounds like a good use of resources. Maybe go ahead and jack the price up to $7 in that doctored photo.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger CornFedBoy said...

"several places in the city have topped $4, sustaining San Francisco bragging rights of having the most pricey gas in the U.S."

But haven't we always had these bragging rights? I mean gas has always been expensive here, and I believe we've always been the highest in the nation. Just sayin'

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Corn Fed - Yes, that's a good point. I guess I should have said that we have the bragging rights to be the first to top $4. I wrote this early in the day while on a conference call.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I am here in Florida visiting my parents and they are concerned about the price of gas which has hit around $3.50 per gallon. In New Jersey it is hovering at around $3.15. Thankfully I am driving my little VW Beetle around these days which gets better gas mileage than my Chevy Blazer did.

BTW - I love the reference to Aunt Louise! It is details like that that keep 'em coming back for more.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Wow, $3.15. When was the last time I paid that? Clinton years, maybe?

Actually my aunt is named Lorene, but it was the idea that counted.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

so are the oil companies profits still soaring?????

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Uhh....yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home