Thursday, June 19, 2008

Excused

Being a Libra and committed to justice and all it entails, Junk Thief had kept confidential until now that he was called to jury duty this week. Three hours of waiting in the holding pool Tuesday and an hour waiting on the floor today resulted in being called in by the judge to be told that the case had been settled out of court and service was fulfilled for a year.

Amazing what it takes to be paid $15 for a days work in this modern age. Having passed the Hall of Justice at 7th and Bryant hundreds of times before, Junk Thief had never before noticed the statue above. Can someone explain what that has to do with justice? To Junk Thief it looks more like a blocked intestine.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

It also resembles a screen saver.

I suppose their point is that justice is convoluted, complex...Complicated.

Or; is there something around there that gives the title of the piece? Are you sure it's not named "Motherhood", or something that has nothing to do with its location?

"Failure"?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Rich - I'm still trying to figure it out. Being blind, perhaps justice decided to let the sculptor just do his thing.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger WAT said...

I hate Jury Duty. Spending time with people I don't like who argue in the deliberation room like savages. I had to do it some two years ago and hope it don't happen for a long long time.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - I better not get in a trial with you on the jury. You'd probably send me to the chair just to get it over with.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger WAT said...

That's just it, these people I was with didn't want to deliberate, THEY were the ones trying to get out as soon as possible.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Okay, thanks for clarifying. I'll try to remember that if I commit a crime likely to go to trial I'll do it in your county.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home