Monday, June 09, 2008

King Penett, 30 Years on

It was trashed when released 30 years ago, but Dr.. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band Meets King Penett is still one of my favorite albums. It's been sampled and covered extensively by Japanese psycho-ska bands, Queen Latifah, hipster DJs and a host of others that have proven the critics wrong. KCRW was playing this track this morning, and I was quickly inspired to transfer the entire LP for pod listening. I may drop into Siegel's this evening to nab me a zoot suit in its honor.

Oh, and those, lyrics, those glorious lyrics:
Parce que j'etais une femme solitaire
J'ais paye pour un compagnon
Seuelement je n'ais eus moindre soupcon
Que nous nous aimerions

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

you mean the junk doesn't already possess a zoot suit! I'm shocked!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Just no a yellow one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home