Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Been a While

I have been in full tilt crazy busy mode since Wednesday that began with a DBI inspection of my building as it is transformed from TIC to condo (good news for me, albeit with fees, inspectors peeking into closets and cabinets, and a lot of repairs). Thursday I made a quick day trip to a memorial for a 92-year-old donor who was an amazing, liberal spirit, having campaigned for Upton Sinclair in the 1930s as a college student.

This weekend I have been speaking at screenings of the new Sundance documentary Flow: For Love of Water. It's definitely worth checking out. To date I've not talked much about my work life here but am rethinking that. I've thought about launching a parallel site for that and maybe one for Guru. But, well, there's not that much time in a day.

Check out Flow here and consider signing Article 31 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It takes two seconds, and it could be your contribution to saving a life halfway across the globe. Go here to sign on.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

thanks for the head's up on both the documentary and the petition site. a very, very important issue. I've signed the petition and will help spread the word!

it's always good when a little bit of your work sneaks onto your blog.

congrats on the building transformation....

the donor sounds like he/she was an amazing individual! there's a 'work story' I'd be interested in reading more about!

take care and SEE YOU SOON!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Thanks for spreading the word. It opens in Cleveland in October, and we plan to have a presence there. One of my "minions" as you call them will likely be there and you can meet her. Looking forward to the meet up.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

details, details.... I'll be there and will post a note on the mouse's sidebar!

it must be nice to have a minion! and what exactly is a minion?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - I've no idea what a minion is. That's your word not mine. (Grins)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger WAT said...

GREAT.

As if the world isn't already falling apart, now u must remind us that WATER will be the new PETROLEUM of the 21st century!

Wars will be fought over this! EEK!

Canada will be rich! FILTHY RICH!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Done blame me, the issue was started by others. A rich Canada isn't such a bad thing.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Hey Gregg!
I'll admit now that I'm a longtime stalker. I'll be a bit less creepy about it now that you know I exist!

Funny how I hate stalkers on my blogs, but I get all stealth on everyone else's

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Lora - Stalk away! Just no unflattering tabloid photos of me on the beach or coming out of a sleazy bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home