Friday, September 12, 2008

Guru's Star Is Fast on the Rise!

I have been very disciplined by not having mentioned him for at least two posts. Does anyone think I am not smitten by this basenji? Guru just said, "Please don't say dog. Only people who were insulted by the 'lipstick on a pig quote' would like a dog. I am a royal canine, not a dog."

UPDATE: Just after posting this I heard, for the first time, something I've not seen in any of the books or websites on this canine: the basenji purr. When Bunter died, I was devastated that I would never hear that comforting hum of the feline purr that exuded so much unconditional love. There aren't words able to express the gorgeous sound of a deeply contented and appreciative basenji, especially one that came into my home uncertain of what would become of him. He has suffered through neglect, indifference and confusion, but his ability to love and trust has not been dampened. His gorgeous, indented maple colored head presses into my thigh with the trusting belief that there is still kindness and caring in a world that hasn't always been fair to him. After seven years of foggy, relentless night, I am wary to admit that this creature shares with me a waivering flame of hope that dares to pierce forward. He knows that God's most precious creatures do not need lipstick. They push forward into the future, singing Yes We Can!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

That's a GREAT picture - what a couple of handsome devils. ;-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

JDZS - Thanks for saying BOTH. You can tell who usually gets the lead and who is the supporting character.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

What a sweet post. :)
And what a terrific picture!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - No autographs, please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home