Sunday, November 09, 2008

This Was My Weekend

Every few years I come back to this book which makes me ask if I made a mistake by not making a commitment with my own collector of Americana instead of holding out hope for what was vaguely waiting around the edges but gone by the time I had moved to the edge.

Though I am fond of hats, I don't plan to meet a bitter end by swallowing mercury at a millinery shop, but someone lurking around the edges doesn't even seem possible at this stage. However, like Miss Bart's Aunt Julia, I can become very upset when the front blinds are lowered at unequal lengths.

And just my luck to become a trust fund kid just when trust funds are so unworthy of trust. Other than that, life is perfection. Thanks for asking.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm trying to develop, like Lily, a reputation for being on the hunt for a husband. I let more than one Selden come and go without realizing my foolishness, but I'm not yet dependent on chloral hydrate.

Thank goodness I have no Aunt Julia to turn me out for being disgraced because, well, you know how that would have turned out. So yeah, now it's just me in my one room, working for my keep... hmm, thanks for the reminder!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Thanks for reminding me that it was chloral hydrate not mercury. Not that I need it for personal reference or anything, but I've not read the final chapters in a long time. At least I do have more than one room if I need to get away from the book now and then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home