Thursday, December 18, 2008

Interactive Thursday: How's Your Weather/Cold?

Many of my frequent readers (all three of you, as so many like-minded bloggers often say) know that I also have a Facebook presence which I refuse to completely upstage this little showcase. The challenge with Facebook is how much you want to mix the personal/professional. Everything I post there is G-rated (compared to the -- at worst -- PG rated stuff here), but now and again some of my randier friends will put something in their Facebook status that would be best shared over drinks not where anyone in my family, professional, social network can see. So I get very cautious about commenting on some of their status updates.

Perhaps the most common status updates over on Facebook this and last week have referenced either the weather (and varying comments on parts of their anatomy that are either about to fall off or have frozen solid) or dripping sinuses and more graphic descriptions of physical run 0ff.

Like clock work, I managed to get my early December cold the first week of the month, and I've been over it for about a week. This evening I was looking forward to a meet up with three of my favorite local bloggers, but it seems the pre-holiday crud has forced us to delay that.

Above is my night table with its usual winter accouterments and the lingering drip is the one thing I really hate about San Francisco "winter". The temperature doesn't really but me that much, but the dripping sinuses that seem to keep at it until June or so are no pleasure. Luckily I have Bow around this winter to take the place of a hot water bottle, and tomorrow her new raincoat is supposed to arrive. So we hope to have our winter fashion show just in time to welcome our next monsoon to greet with Winter Solstice.

Just keep remembering, come Monday there will be a little more light each day.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Lora said...

You totally just made my day when you let us know about Monday.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Lora - Glad I was able to (literally) bring a little more sunshine into your life. In this case DO walk into the light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home