Saturday, January 24, 2009

Having an Operating Refrigerator Again Is a Very Good Thing

I know that many of you have followed this fascinating saga that began almost a month ago, involved two service people and ended with a complete replacement of the old unit that I loved about as much that hideous BART carpet that headed out the door this week.

Much as I want to embrace repair and restore wherever possible, recycle and replace were the right options today. I almost became overcome with frenzy as I went to Whole Foods and Rainbow Market this afternoon knowing that I did not have to worry about things melting or spoiling come morning. Food, glorious food.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger r. said...

sexy! :-)

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Robert - Nothing is sexier than a silver and black refrigerator with humidity control that can also tell you when the celery needs to be replaced.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger jason said...

Hot!
(you)
Cool!
(it)

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - Yes, that jacket was a bit to warm for that day and made me feel hot.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

The Fridge is easily the greatest modern convenience we take for granted (after clean running water). I remember well when mine died several years ago and it took a week to get the replacement. Storing food in an ice-chest is not something you forget. So HURRAH! on the new appliance and have fun with the fresh produce!!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joy - I kept trying to pretend I was on a camping trip and telling myself how much fun I was having by seeing mountains, bears and salmon swimming upstream. Trouble was the smoked salmon didn't last more than a couple of hours.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I think this is my favorite picture of you. :)
Is your kitchen orange? I am so jealous.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - It's more a blood orange. Not sure why this photo got such a reaction. All I see is the refrigerator that I want to make love to.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm with Jill: I love the color.

Is celery that oozy wet slimy mess in a plastic bag, or is it the mushy thing covered with black and white powdery stuff in a plastic bag?

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - I'm planning to do more kitchen makeovers for when you and Jill come cook me a feast. My celery, however, is nice and crisp again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home