Sunday, January 18, 2009

Corinthian Marble Update

Here is where things stand at 6:54 p.m. PST. All tiles have been cut and sized for this, the main leg of the hall. I plan to glue and roll them before retiring for the night. Tomorrow I hope to finish up the last two legs by sundown in order to have the hall complete for the first official day of the Obama Era.
This, to me, is a fitting tribute to the final day of the Bush Era. Dirty, smelling of cat piss, stained, faded, worn and soon to be heading out the door. Now I need to decide whether to call the Junk General or College Hunks Hauling Junk to do the final honors.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have some rich Corinthian leather to accompany your Corinthian tile there, mang!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Angry - Oh but of course. I am wearing NOTHING but Corinthian leather as I write this.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How appropriate. That's pretty hilarious how "dirty" and "piss stinky" reflects much of the last 8 years. This is exciting but I'm still a little cynical, I hope Obama can fix that. Speaking of fixing, new floors are like a new paint job, makes a ton of difference. Looks good. Will it last four years?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Reidwords - The manufacturer says it has a 90 year guarantee, so I hope it lasts me at least 80 years.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Gary said...

It looks great but I am exhusted just looking at all the work you have done.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - I'm down to the final, final inning and feeling stiff and not in a good way.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger The Blue Elephant said...

It is lovely that the world wanderer has become such a genuine homebody -- I credit that sweet doggie.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jim - Unfortunately travel still beckons, and she won't be happy about it.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Love it!!! And you did it all by yourself. You should be proud.
Handsome AND handy, you are.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salty - And I can cook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home