Saturday, January 17, 2009

Floored by Obama

By default more than design, I have spent the past six months with Obama bringing change to the floors of the JunkPlex. I refinished the utility room as I listened to the DNC on NPR and touched up the kitchen and front sitting room as I sneered through the RNC. I redid the dining room in the wake of the November 4 victory. Now, I am finishing the "hall"/office just as Bush makes his final addresses and true change is on the horizon. The famed BART carpet will be gone as the swearing in ceremony happens. And I can let my trowel rest for a while.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

This is such a productive and positive way of ushering in the new president! Positive change from the 'ground floor up' if you will! I want to re-do my floors now!!!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger jason said...

Yes, you Did!

Congrats! Will there be an invocation performed ?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Pictures of the completed work to follow?...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joy - We should work on some "have an unemployed auto worker refloor your home" campaign or something.

Jason - Two more days and about 1/3rd of the project to go. Exhaustion performance more likely than invocation.

Gary - If my fingers have the strength to snap the shutter, I'll get photos.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

so how are the ceiling in the junkplex?

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Solid but could use repainting. That's one of my least favorite tasks.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger ArtSparker said...

Here's to an improved structure on the local and national scenes.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Susan - And global!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home