Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Where We Stand with the Project

Okay, I know you have all been just dying to know where I stood with the whole hall/office space renovation project. It's involved ripping up the nasty BART/church basement project, putting in some superb beveled/European tile and putting in moulding. Sadly the the aforementioned hoity-toity tile has yet to arrive (apparently slow going weaving between those icebergs in the North Atlantic on the route from Europe to the North Pacific). It frustrates me to not be where I thought I'd be at this point (i.e., finished). However, I have finished putting the moulding which I cut carefully with my miter-box saw, covered all visible nail holes and then painted. It sounds like minor task, but it took a few days. Two and a half to be exact. In the meantime, I am still waiting on the tile, the parts to repair for my refrigerator and managed to have my car repairs completed today. In the meantime, I've spent these four days of leave reading Cavafy and Proust with Bow sleeping on my chest. Ah, the busy life of an urban sophisticate.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home