Saturday, February 28, 2009

JunkThief Has Moved

Yesterday the very expensive and surly plumbers completed an important project -- taking out a useless utility sink where the dishwasher and washer upstairs have backed up into for the past couple of years. Problem solved, sink gone, and that prime piece garden view real estate is now my second office here at the Junkplex. Yes, I know that sounds a bit extravagant, but I think it's important to keep my paid work space and play work space separate since I use both under the same roof.

Miss Millie dropped in as you can see, to inaugurate this new space and give it her blessing. I was really pleased to get the green hipster chair on hip Valencia Street at the hip interior store Therapy. I was honored that the cute hipster young women who waited on me took such an interest in wanting to know where I would use the chair. They probably thought I was buying it for my grandson's dorm room.
And most amusing is that instead of just walking in from the dining room, Bow enjoys watching me from across the back terrace. I think she's trying to figure out if I am surfing some inappropriate websites.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

Why are all plumbers very expensive and surly?? I had a faucet replaced a couple of years ago -- it cost $400 and the plumbers were Albanian and definitely surly. (Although one of them was about 25 and very cute.)

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

wonderful new spot and with miss millie's blessing, what could be better.

plumbers....don't even get me started!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Steve and Mouse - I guess if I spent all day dealing with sewage, sludge and rusty pipes I'd be pretty cranky too.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

You and Bow could have string phones between the windows if you wanted to.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - We're doing lip reading for now.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Gary said...

The question is...are you?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - I think Bow and I are so bonded now we read each others' minds.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger ArtSparker said...

Funny the way our animal companions study us.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

ArtSparker - I want to believe it's more than her thinking "Does he have a treat for me?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home