Monday, March 02, 2009

He's Just Not That Into Corbels

Were I to select a mate again, and at this juncture in life I think (hope?) that is very unlikely, a key requirement would be if not a passion at least a respect and tolerance for corbels. In general I like buildings to be clean in design and ornamentation. I make an exception with door knobs (the more grandiose the better) and corbels.

Satan in the Groin, is a site that features rather randy corbels and is a recently discovered pleasure. A day without corbels is like a night without a murky haze.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Corbels. I see. Ya learn something new every day.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - My new slogan: "Junk Thief - Guaranteed to raise your IQ 2 points every visit."

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

'Satan in the Groin'. I think this is my new favorite phrase.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - As I say about many things "Great name for a gay bar or a punk band".

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

i see corbels often, but never knew wat they were called.....thanks and another loverly scrabble word!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - I've always been conflicted on how to pronounce the word but have settled on CORE-bells.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

I love corbels, because they are such a strong architectural element.

...and yes, I pronounce them core-bells as well.

-TJ

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

TJ - Thanks, I'm glad that I'm not alone on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home