Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Best Bad Idea Ever

I must admit that even though I thought I knew my Bay area history, I never really knew about the thwarted late 1960s development project Marincello that would have included 50 high rise towers and 30,000 residents clustered among the Marin Headlands.

Appalling on just about every level, it's also hard not to wonder what it would be like to live in the penthouse of one of the towers for a week. That's one of those things I'll try to imagine in my head but also be thankful never happened.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger David Wilton said...

HeadLANDS, not Headlines.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Indeed, and noted, though the project did garner plenty of Marin headlines at the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home