Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kimono Day 2010 Highlights

It was Kimono Day in Japantown today.
The weather was perfect, and truly felt like spring had arrived.
Here we see your host crossing the bridge above Geary to enjoy the day.The first performance was very graceful and traditional and sweetly heralded the return of spring.

The kimonos were colorful and springlike.
Then came the second performance which was in a word, bizarre. But in a good way.
I particularly liked this creature.
I have no idea what the creature in red was, but he was fascinating.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Super pics, Junk Thief. I spent some time in Japan and adore all things Japanese. Hey, where's your kimono?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Willow - I brought mine but didn't want to pay the experts the $45 to show me how to wrap it properly.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

No kimono for you?
I love these photos.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salty - And you thought Istanbul was colorful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home