Tuesday, May 29, 2007

JunkThief Always Wanted to Be a Shriner

What house is complete without a tea shrine? And what did poor JunkThief do back when he lived in a city without a Japantown, let alone Ichiban Kan that was selling tansu cabinets for less than he usually pays for a pair of shoes?

Most of these pots came from the Hong Kong teapot museum shop and are not even the tip of the iceberg. And as far as varities of teas? He has more varieties of Oolong than most have of pairs of socks. Okay, Warhol had his cookie jars, JunkThief has his teapots..as well as LPs, 78s, shoes, silent movies, Oaxacan pottery, ex beaus...Thank God for offsite.
Off to Sugarlump for coffee in the meantime. Tea after dinner sounds good.

UPDATE: Not completely unrelated question: How many times in one day is KCRW going to play clips from the Joni Mitchell tribute album? Especially Bjork's take on "The Boho Dance"? JunkThief does love almost all things Joni, but this is starting to get on his nerves to the point to where he might actually have to resort to doing something radical -- like listen to local San Francisco commercial radio stations. Uh, no, that's not going to happen. How did this city that was once considered cutting edge on the pop music scene end up having generally stellar NPR affiliates but popular music channels that would be considered lame in Moline, Illinois. Aw well, Thank God for the internet and iTunes radio for that matter too.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Junk Thief... you're just a man... of... man... things...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Robert said...

...and talents, I'm sure of it! :-)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, Robert, you're too kind. I don't deserve the praise, but keep it comin'!

P.S. Did you mean a "man of many things" or a "man of man things." I actually like the second option better. I do have a large collection of man things in different corners of my digs. I'd love to show you a few of them, but we don't want JunkThief to ever have a rating stronger than PG-13.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Oh fuckity-fuck, I meant to say 'many'!

D'oh, there goes your PG-13 rating!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, Robert, think about the many Mormon and Pentacostal fans of this site! Just for that I won't post those pictures of my man things!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Scot said...

I find it amusing that you listen to one of my favorite stations: my local KCRW. I work not 5 miles from Santa Monica College where KCRW is broadcast from.
I also have an Imelda Marcos cupboard.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Scot - KCRW is my window to the world in the radio music wasteland of northern California. We can take bets on who has the largest number of shoes. Were you forced to only have two pairs as a child too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home