Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Neurotic Like Me: Overheard at Philz


(Conversation overheard at Philz Coffee, 24th and Folsom, 7:58 a.m. today)

Annoying White Chick: This is the only place I get coffee in this burg. You guys are the only ones with integrity.

Barista: That's great.

AWC: I mean, I really feel like I'm back home...you know...in a neighborhood with chutzpah...with umph...with, you know, integrity.

Barista: And when did you leave L.A.?

AWC: L.A! I'm from Clinton Park! Lower Manhattan!


Barista: M-Kay. How did you want your Symphonic Blend?


AWC: Light and sweet as we say back in New Yahk!

Barista: M-Kay. And how did you want your Arabic, sir?

Me: Dark and sour as we always said back in Dubrovnik

AWC: Huh?


Barista: I totally hear you. No need to get that stuff in the way of a good brew. Nothing like having--


Me: Integrity.


Barista: Exactly.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Scot said...

Still not sure if there was a racial slur in there. Sleep depravity can get in the way of irony.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Scot said...

Woops, that would be sleep deprivaton. Depravity is what I wish was going on last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home