Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shameless Cross Promotion (And It's Not Even Blogger Sweeps Week)



Ich weiß nicht warum, aber es scheint geben etwas sehr
Weimar in der Luft diese Woche.

First there was Kusala’s mention of the book Weimar on the Pacific about the German exiles of Hollywood, and now it seems Eva Deadbeat – that brainiac siren of Vermont – is channeling the spirit of Sally Bowles and, more appropriately exotic, Anita Berber. Don’t know who Anita is? Shame on you! She was sort of the Weimar Courtney Love, that is if Courtney had been a bit wilder and much more uninhibited.

Sometimes I think Eva and I are the Oprah and Dr. Phil of the blog world. (I say stuff like “What is wrong with you people?” and “I want you to get excited about your life” all the time.) We seem to have this real lovefest/cross promotion thing going on. Maybe we should start a JunkThief/Deabeat Book Club and endorse emerging outre writers together. We could establish a school in Bosnia for young junk thieves and deadbeats...


Eva posted a nifty piece about Anita Berber and Kiki that is worth visiting. I think she’ll soon be much more of an authority than I, but I’m glad to have introduced her to a couple of wacky characters that were gone before even before our mothers were in middle school. Just save that last tango for me, Eva!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I think the two of you should definatly write that book...I'd be first in line to buy it!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I'm not going to lie to you, Junk Thief. Sometimes your blog makes my head hurt.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salt: Okay. We'll work on it.

Dave: Makes your head hurt? As Dr. Phil would say: "If you're gonna talk to me, you've gotta be real!"

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Eva the Deadbeat said...

You amaze me. You are so prolific! How how how do you do it! And I am so down for this school of junk thieves and deadbeats - it could even be a traveling caravan like the gypsy days of yore...

ooh, making my brain spin with excitement!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, I could just see the traveling road show hitting the small towns of wholesome America. We could shock the Heartland with our cabaret act of shameless junk, deadbeat wit, beat poetry, spicey Weimar tunes and Parisian ribaldry. Tuscaloosa, Dubuque and Peoria watch out -- here we come! (Oh, we're already there thanks to YouTube.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home