Friday, June 15, 2007

Fahrenheit 911 Pounds

Will someone please stick a pacifier in Michael Moore’s mouth and just make him shut up? The more I see him, the more he annoys me with his efforts to serve as the self-appointed advocate for the marginalized. At least he’s moved away from the “regular working guy” drag of cap and flannel shirt to hipper glasses and basic black.

When some of my supposedly "with it" friends take offense at me calling this fat fuck an annoying, self-righteous blow hard, I refuse to back down. The fact that Cannes honored the rambling, repetitive, over-long Fahrenheit 9/11 as some great work of art shows just how bad the U.S. image is in the world that the French would give him an award for such an incompetent piece of work. Besides being inept as a film-maker, Moore is reckless with journalistic accuracy because he feels he’s telling some “greater truth”.

He uses many of the same techniques that Rush Limbaugh and his ilk on the Right employ in their supposed education of the masses. Supposed progressives should have more vision and creativity than to gravitate to someone like Moore who is a mirror image of Fox News and other sloppy, didactic tools. Beyond that, I have several friends in documentary film who say that as a professional colleague Moore is opportunistic, dishonest, verbally abusive and an all around major jerk. Oh, and it appears that he eats well.

Needless to say Gavin Newsom is gushing about how brave he is and how much he loves Moore. Indeed, there is so much of Michael to love.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Heh Heh. Now tell us how you really feel.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Amen.

I've never liked this chubby fatso myself.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Okay, I'll calm down now. I'll try to be nice for a while. Or maybe not.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Dave said...

As much as I hate to agree with you, I agree with you. Farenheit 911 should have been great. He had the facts on his side, and if he could have just stuck with them, he'd have made a very powerful movie. He lost me in the first five minutes with the "hillbilly" banjo music during the summary of the Florida ballot-counting. Not only did it come off as facile, cheap South-bashing (again with the South-bashing), but it was regionally inaccurate. You've got to head much further north to hear really good banjo music.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

See, Dave, I'm not the only South basher. (Honestly, I don't hate the South, just certain aspects of it like most of its politicians and televangelicals.) For all his posturing as being a common man trying to send up the powers that be, Moore can be incredibly condescending and downright mean to working class or poor people in his movies. Sending up people in Florida as banjo picking hillbillies is just one example. And you know what, I actually like banjo music.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Who doesn't like banjo music? I wasn't even aware that was up for debate.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

If they don't like it, they better not show up at my house or make fun of my Jew's harp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home