Saturday, September 08, 2007

Let's Get a Luna Bar & Split it!

It will be a cold day in Hell or Alabama before I will subscribe to the Logo channel or cable in general, for that matter. Hey, I’m a Junk Thief and think TV channels oughta be free. Plus I don’t need one more diversion. However, I could easily get pulled in by Julie and Jackie whose sense of humor is eerily close to mine. I’m no fan of Carol Channing, but I have a couple of friends with whom I also play mommy in a similar way. Just the other day one of them came over with his Elaine Stritch doll, er, I mean came over with Elaine Stritch, and we just sat on my famed purple couch and shot the breeze over jasmine tea while Elaine pretended to be Camille Paglia while playing with Bunter.

If that doesn’t make sense, just watch the clip. Julie’s website/blog is pretty cool too, and she’s got a cat that looks a lot like Bob next door.

These girls are hilarious. I want to be their best friend!

UPDATE: The more of these videos I look at, the more I am conflicted of trying to decide if Julie is the new comic genius of this century or has the same stark raving mad sense of humor that appeals to me. Beside having cat news, her fake tourism video on Manhattan has to be the most side splitting four and a half minutes that I've ever seen. "32nd Street and the West Side Highway, the center of the universe!" On top of that she cute as a button and has a damned fine singing voice. Her main site is here.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Just peeked at Julie's blog. I concur. She's a right-on sister!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

Fabulous!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - Indeed. They've got some great videos on YouTube. It's like JunkThief with a shot of estrogen. Or, maybe that's redundant...'scuse me while I unwrap my Luna Bar...

Joy - Agreed. "You can't spank me, I'm a Broadway legend!"

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Gary said...

On an unrelated note I wanted to let you know that I had a dream last night starring you and WAT. I think it was prompted by reading your blog before I went to bed and the comments relating to the two of you getting together. Anyhoo, I will spare you the details (unless you want to email me) but I can tell you that it was an X-rated episode of Junk TV. Hey, I can't control what takes place in my subconscious.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger jason said...

They're just gloriously wacked aren't they?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Uh, I plan to keep Junk Thief TV G-rated, but you've got me curious. Yep, email me details, you naughty boy.

Jason - I seriously think I am in love with Julie. She's wacked but brilliant. Or she thinks a lot like me, for whatever that's worth.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

I never understood Carol Channing until this video. The idea of Carol as a daughter is brilliant. My building has an extremely tall Judy Garland imitator.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Julie Klausner said...

You are so sweet. I am officially your friend! xxxx

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - She has unlocked the code to more than just Carol Channing for me. I am a shameless, gushing fan.

Julie - Oh my gosh! That's so sweet. Can I come over with my Elaine Stritch doll, and we can split a Tab.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

now that is some funny stuff!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I just took a look at the NYC video and I have to say...
She's one funny person.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - She's got the style of humor that speaks to me. I love her list of restaurant chains that ends with Dumb Fucks and the Avis-Rent-a-Car Theater.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Good god that's wonderful.
Did I tell ye that I have one of those albums that came with your stereo back in the late '50's? Once it's done telling you how to balance your speakers, there's a sampling of the hot new music of today!

Under 'discotecque', I think, was La Channing doing "Put On Your Sunday Clothes", which I'd like to see the gentleman in the video attempt, if you're listening, Julie.

"Y' pitty Shun-day clewwws...Fan-schy Shunday clewwws..."

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Well, now that La Channing finally let the world know that she's African American, I hear that she's planning to unleash her long subdued she-gangsta rap album. She and Old Dirty Bastard really tear it up on the fourth track. Steve Jobs just announced that he's sending it free to all those customers pissed off about paying $500 for the first iPhones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home