Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Strangest Light

Did I sleep through the news, or is San Francisco having a partial eclipse? The light today has been the oddest I've seen in a long while. I thought I saw sawdust on the floor this morning, only to realize it was sun. The light has continued to change oddly through the day, never really sunny and not quite overcast. It matches the way I feel today, my ever ambivalent head feeling even more so. And I think I have just caught up on deadlines and find more and then realize I did it last week. There is a strange smoky smell in the air, like a village in Honduras. The number of dogs barking is above normal. It is all familiar and disconcertingly odd. That's what I get for watching David Lynch past my bedtime last night.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Scot said...

I was enjoying the poetry of your post; then the last sentence seemed to explain it all.

Am I imagining things, or are you supposed to end up in SoCal some time soon? You can meet up with WAT and me if you ever make it.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

My Lala-land visit is sort of in flux and got swapped with Arizona, but I still hope to do it pre-Barcelona. Stay tuned.

Yep, that last sentence explains it. If I start seeing folks strolling the halls of my place with rabbit ears, just plan to drive up the 101 and visit me at my new home in Atascadero.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

It looks very existential and creepy.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Emily - It's getting back to being a bit more normal. Actually, it's excellent light for having a portrait - very flattering and forgiving. I should have been out there shooting my next profile photo.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger marxsny said...

It's been sunny here for what seems like forever. I am really longing for a cloudy, rainy day, preferably a Monday.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, we'll get pay back big time come November, December, January, February, March...

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger WAT said...

David Lynch is tha shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home