Thursday, September 06, 2007

What About Bob?

So an ongoing mystery got solved this week, I made a neighbor laugh, reunited family.

If this cat appeared in your back yard then disappeared and left a collar with a phone number and the names Bob and Lilly, what would you do? I did what I thought was normal, calling the number and left a message for Bob to let him know that Lilly had climbed my fence, was very friendly with me and somehow left her collar. I was worried about Lilly and wanted Bob to know that I had her collar and wanted to get it back to him.

This all went down more than a week ago. Last night I came home to a very giglly message from a young woman on my machine. "Thanks for finding the collar...uh, but it wasn't me that climbed the fence."

Bob got his collar back last night, but I ran into Lilly outside my gate for the first time tonight, and she said he got into a fight with another cat last night and lost the collar again. Oh, that Bob. Who could fight with someone with such an adorable face?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Pod said...

snigger
;0)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Cute story. :)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Pod & Jill - I was kinda sad Bob's not a stray. He's very friendly and sweet and knows how to sell himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home