Sunday, September 16, 2007

Utterly Random Russian Composer Reference #348

Like most kiddos in music appreciation class in grammar school, I approached the Russian composers with typical trepidation and sleepiness. While I've come to appreciate the works of Rachmaninoff through the years, most LPs and CDs are accompanied by photos of the distinguished, elder maestro such as the one above.

The shot below was in this morning's Chronicle's pink pages and promped a visual "Damn!" as I flipped through the pages and has made me listen to Morceaux de Fantaisie, with an entirely different perspective.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

He has that Elvis/Ricky Nelson curl in his lip.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Well, the young one, I think you mean. Love the haircut too. I always thought Rachmaninoff sounded like Russian for...well, I think you know what I mean.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

I had no idea "ol' Rachy" was such a hottie back in the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home