Thursday, November 08, 2007

Further Signs of the Apocalypse

As both Salty Miss Jill and Bryce Digdug have shown us in recent posts, signs of the bacon apocalypse keep showing themselves. And just a few doors down at Carrer 63 Muntaner -- just a few doors down from my home at Hotel in Dante -- I discovered the apparently popular Bacon Bear Bar. And, in case you weren't aware, Bearcelona has become a quite popular event. I think I would have liked it more when it was Punto BCN, and you could go there "early" as in before 3 a.m. While the fur quotient in Catalonia is high, the chub factor is pretty low. So I think I might actually enjoy the event better than the local fetish fairs. All the same, my slight experience with el ambiente in Barcelona was at a pleasant neighborhood bar called La Chapelle with a sweet bartender and international crowd. A woman from London sat there with her seven-year-old son on her lap who was transfixed by Some Like It Hot playing on the screen with the sound off and English subtitles.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Why bacon? Why? Does it feature the Pork Pig Patio?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home