Thursday, February 14, 2008

Obscure Love

One site I visit several times a week is Obscure Sound where, unlike most music sites, I like about 85-90% of the tracks they feature. Today they have a great Valentine's Day mix. If you've not already made plans for the night, I recommend doing what I will be doing of downloading and playing this nifty little mix to enjoy over a glass of wine while reading a favorite new book, in mine a biography of Borges. That's what I call true love, though I don't really feel one bit lonely, not even alone.

UPDATE: Adding to my pleasure this V-Day, I was able to track down what I think must be the last available copy of the Criterion Eclipse Series release of the Lubitsch Musicals which was well worth the search since its release on Tuesday when it was nabbed by everyone else at the six outlets I scoured around our little berg. What a joy it is to see Jack Buchanan in Monte Carslo who is pretending to be a hairdresser and singing about "trimmin' the women". On top of that is The Love Parade with Amy Winehouse precursor Lillian Roth years before rehab singing "Let's Be Common". Speaking of rehab and 12-step programs, I've discovered this groovy Criterion addict support program administered by, oddly enough, one dude in Brooklyn and another in Oklahoma. As they say, it takes all kinds. "Hello, my name is Junk Thief and I am a Criterion addict!" "HI JUNK THIEF!!!!"

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger WAT said...

You look good in this pic Ladroncito.

I too don't feel lonely reading my Don Quixote. Borges bio huh? That's a big Latin American writer for sure.

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger derrick russell said...

very nice recommendation, i think i have a new favorite site.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Thanks. By the way, that's me with the video not the guy in the top hat (which is Jack Buchanan).

Derrick - Hi, thanks for dropping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home