Saturday, February 09, 2008

Anybody Know...










...if there is a print available in any form of 1957's Jeanne Eagels starring Kim Novak in the titular role? I absolutely adored this film after seeing it only once in 1972 on late night TV. To the best of my knowledge, it's not available in any form or, for that matter, any of Eagels' own movies. It touched me on a deep level, and I hope that when I finally see it again I am not disappointed by it. Eagels, according legend, was sort of an American Anita Berber. Not unlike Louise Brooks coming from Wichita, she came from Kansas City but was a flame that dimmed too soon.

If I could find Skidoo, surely I can track this one down.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Hmmm. I'll look into it on monday and let you know what i find. It was released in several countries under several different translated names. In your search you may want to look for:

Herzschlag bis zur Ewigkeit, Ein-Austria / West Germany
Gyldne drøm, Den-Denmark
Hänen suurin rakkautensa-Finland
Hennes enda kärlek-Sweden
Solo grande amore, Un-Italy
Un seul amour-France

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I located a DVD here:
http://flashbackdvd.com/4.html

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - Thanks! You just went up two notches on my "Those I might marry" list.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Speaking of tragic fame Have you noticed since Brittney's father has control of her life the Netflix wait for "Frances" has become "Very Long" Cowinkydink?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - I guess that one slipped by me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home