Friday, January 25, 2008

Divas Where You Least Expect Them

(Overheard at the Potrero Center Safeway. Fireman #1 is Italian American, #2 Asian American. On the1-5 fireman hotness scale, #1 is 3.5, #2 is a 4.8)

Fireman #1: I'll have to be careful bringing these bags into the station.

Fireman #2: Really? Why? Won't they be glad you went shopping?

Fireman #1: Nothing but divas in my firehouse. They won't touch anything that's from Safeway, even if it's organic. It has to be Rainbow or Whole Foods.

Fireman #2: I hate Rainbow.

Fireman #1: Me too. It's dirty and overpriced. But those divas at my firehouse love it.

Fireman #2: I'll take Safeway any day. Good prices and it's clean and convenient.

Fireman #1: They're even worse about soap. No Dial or Dove for these guys. It has to be Lush or Body Shop.

Fireman #2: Oh, I'm with them on that one. I have very sensitive skin.

Fireman #1: Diva.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger jason said...

Wow, sometimes San Francisco sounds like another planet from out here.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - I've been here so long it's hard to realize there are firemen that aren't like that.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

God I haven't laughed so hard in days. Thank you for that. The only thing you hear from the Glendale Fire Department is giggling as they shop for pickle and pimento loaf at VONS

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - I bet it's the same once you're in Daly City up here for that matter. SF Firemen want to look their best since they never know when they might be asked to pose for another calendar.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Well, that certainly laid to rest all of my fireman stereotypes.
And thanks for letting us know how each ranked on the fireman hotness scale, as that is really all that girls and homosexuals care to know in any given fireman story.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salty - If my house were burning down, I'd let either one carry me out, but the Asian dude is the one I'd rather have me wrapped in his (large) arms.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger WAT said...

The Village People run the fire station?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - The station's in the Mission not the Village.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I always grocery shop on fireman day. sometimes there are 9 or 10 firetrucks in the parking lot and the store is just crawling with uniforms. very hot!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryan - These were in rain gear. I guess divas don't like to get wet.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Wait.... what day is Fireman Day at Safeway, please???!!!!!!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

K~J - This was on a Friday, but I think I just lucked out.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger m00nchild said...

Oh lord, Rainbow Grocery is a paradise for people looking for local, healthy fresh food. the staff knows their products inside/out, it's a co-op and not a corporation, and it's definitely cheaper than Whole Foods.

Comparing Rainbow to Safeway is like comparing a good restaurant to McDonalds.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

m00nchild - I have no argument with the merits of quality at Rainbow over Safeway. Safeway is usually a last resort when I'm in a hurry. The firemen were only a perk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home