Sunday, March 09, 2008

Don Charlie and the Chocolate Factory of Ecuador

Nestled high above the valleys of Bolivar Province and about an hour away from Guaranda, Salinas is an Andean Swiss village with world-class chocolate and cheese, much of it exported weekly to Italy. Much of the production was started by Swiss man. I have a fairly strong chocolate allergy and could stay in the factory for only about four minutes before getting nauseous. I have the opposite of an allergy for cheese, and the string mozzarella was heavenly.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

omg you poor babe - an allergy to chocolate!

if it comes down to chocolate vs cheese however, I will take the cheese....I just don't get vegans, at all - life without cheese, and nice stinky cheese at that, can it really be considered living????

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kim - To me chocolate is like motor oil with sugar in it, so I don't miss it (or want it!). Cheese in any form but Kraft or Velvetta is always welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home