Sunday, March 09, 2008

Left Turn Yield on Green?

Once upon a time, I actually had mild respect for John McCain as a Republican who would not sell his soul to the flock of sewer maggot Evangelicals. It seems they have since infested his brain like the maggots that they are, moving from the fecal matter of Bush's shallow, alcoholic cranium to the septuagenarian senator (already a year older than Reagan when he first ran) from Arizona. Tonight we hear him on 60 Minutes, musing, "I say 'I know that I can.' But I also believe that America is a right-of-center nation. And I think that Senator Obama and Senator Clinton, with all due respect, are liberal Democrats. And I'm a conservative Republican. So I believe I can make a better case to the American people."

Just when it seems that any hope for the future of the world lies outside of the U.S., there was speculation that The Right would take back power in Spain. However, sanity prevailed, with tonight's election results proving that my plans to relocate there should not be abandoned. Though there is that little Euro-dollar conversion thing. At least you can still get gas for $1.98 a gallon in Ecuador .

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger cb said...

If McCain wins... allah help us all.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

CB - If McCain wins, I think Allah would say, "You're on your own now."

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Don't kid yourselves. McCain could actually win, and then it would be a NIGHTMARE again!

Hmmm...Canada? Costa Rica? ¡España!

¡La madre put, ER PATRIA!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - I wouldn't rule anything out. McCain could win. Nader might drop Matt Gonzalez and have Pat Buchanan run with him and WIN. I like all of your options. Argentina and Chile are very appealing options too -- affordable, gorgeous and sane leaders.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

thinking of a mccain victory gives me a terrible knot in my stomach and a horrible sinking feeling in my heart. I was ready to emigrate when w stole his second election. I really don't think I can take 4 more years of abandonment of the constitution and handing the country over to the right winger fanatics and corporate interests....

I too at one time did actually have some respect for the guy, but alas, that did evaporate a few years ago and now with this run of his - poof not a shred left!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kim - I was listening to the people from Belief.net on Fresh Air who focused a bit on the John Hagee endorsement of McCain which is about equal to a kiss from the devil in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home