Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pefection

The weather this weekend in San Francisco has been about as close to perfection as it gets for me. It never topped 60 degrees, it was mildly overcast but not gloomy and a slight mist was in the air. This is perfect weather for walking, long stops for having coffee outside, reading or chatting with friends. And to think it's late July! I've suffered through enough hot summers (including the week before last and May here) in other places to appreciate such a day. Though I am not that fond of extended overcast skies or ran, I definitely consider extended days of sun extremely depressing and Key West, Hawaii and Bali are my definition of hell.

There are the usual annoying SF whiners who define days like this as "cold", and I only want to send them to Alabama. Though I am not totally opposed to sun, I prefer to look at it from inside and almost always hate being in it. It's another reminder of why I need to start my plans years in advance of retiring to a more northern climate.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger digibudi said...

I love the milder climate too. It's ever so much more energizing in my point of view. Wonderful picture by the way! greetz xoxoxo

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Nikolas - It's very energizing to me. Not my original photo, but I like it.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

I'm glad I didn't read this when you first wrote it as I probably would have called you some awful name for rubbing in your wonderful weather...I do NOT like hot weather and this weekend we suffered with days that resembled dc in august - the three h's - hot, humid and hazy.... yuck.

right now it's cool and windy with periodic showers....NIRVANA!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - It's heading into the upper 60s but still very pleasant. However, we've had two bouts of triple digit weather. And the only thing more rare than air conditioning in San Francisco is Republicans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home