Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bow's Third Blog Post: Stepping Out of the Spotlight for the Weekend

It has been fun editing this blog while my foster dad took a bit of a break. We had a nice Saturday, even if he's kind of weird and is up on a weekend at 7 a.m.! He's nice to respect that a basenji girl may not want to be up at that time, and he left me under the covers while he made his coffee, sauntered around the house and did those weird things humans do in the morning.

Finally when I heard him coming out of the shower I decided it was time for me to rise. He seems a bit bemused that I like his feet an ankles when he gets out of the shower. He doesn't know whether or not I like the taste of his soap or that I always notice a few spots he missed. We'll keep that a mystery.

I met one of the neighbors in the yard and she was nice. I was really fascinated by this huge mushroom that has sprouted up since I arrived. One of my foster dad's friends came over this afternoon and was nice. He didn't even have to bribe me with treats. I just enjoyed meeting him and sitting next to him on the couch.

It's hard to believe that it was just a week ago that I arrived in that crate all the way from Michigan. There's so much of San Francisco and California that I can't wait to explore. I can't wait until it's warm enough for us to go to the beach, and maybe I'll even get to go off leash there.

If you want to send a message to me, you can send it to Junk Thief and tell him not peek at my personal message or just go see my profile over on Dogster.com. I have been keeping a diary over there as well. I'm going to step out of the guest editor chair and let my foster dad carry on. It's been fun doing this job, but I've got too many pigeons and cats to chase to spend too much time doing this.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Joe said...

It's nice seeing a guest writer here for a change. I think if I had one, my blog might not be so devoid of new material. Feel free to let me know anytime you want to add a guest entry, Bow.

Nice that you're settling in well after the first week. As you'll learn, time sure flies in California. I look forward to meeting you in "person" sometime.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - I'd love to help you out with your blog and meet you in person. My human says you're a big fan of bacon. Maybe we could sneak over to that pork store when you're in town.
- Bow

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

lady bow you have done a wonderful job!

watch out with those pigeons - they can be quite nasty. and speaking of nasty, chasing cats can sometimes cause one to get a nasty scratch - so watch out with that too!

unfortunately dixie caught a squirrel recently - guess they are too fat with all the birdseed they steal. but with human intervention the squirrel ws saved, and maybe he learned his lesson

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Thanks for the encouragement. Once I get settled in, I might start my own blog with tips for other basenji girls settling into their foster homes.

There was a cat in our yard yesterday, and I had to let her know who is the lady of this house, and the ran away. Don't take it personally, but it's mouse season in San Francisco, and we've seen a couple here in the house. Foster dad isn't too pleased since he says I'm the only four-legged creature he wants under his roof.
- Bow

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger ArtSparker said...

Felicitations on passing a lovely first Holiday together. It will mark you anniversary.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Susan - I had a very good holiday and both my foster dad and I are feeling thankful. He is happy to have such a pretty and well behaved basenji girl in his house, and I am hoping that my long journey since coming into rescue has ended by finding my forever home in California.
- Bow

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Thank you sir,

I adopt a rescue dog
( you can see him in thanks giving post )
He's a real ladronzito de basura.

Your dog is lovely !!!

Cheers

(how did you find me blog?)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

C.L. - Thanks for dropping by. Miss Bow has yet to raid the trash in the house, but it's hard to pass some of the smelly stuff on the streets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home