Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don't Hate Us If You're in the East


This proved to be a perfect, long holiday weekend. I had to laugh when I heard some of my wimpy friends whine about how some of the weather here was "cold and miserable". That translates to being foggy and in the 60s. Personally, I thought it was perfect weather to sleep in late (i.e. 6:45 a.m.), snuggle with my basenji, go for a walk with her in her fleece coat and then come back to snuggle with her over coffee and the Sunday Times.

Thanks for all the comments of support for her great guest blogging. She may do another stint soon. She really is proving to be the dream pooch. She is adjusting quickly to going from being a suburban Chicago girl to a sophisticated Basenji Bay Girl. She's getting more comfortable with the noises and smells of the Mission. Even roaring motorcycles, fire trucks and growling pit bulls. We go one more block on each walk, and she is responding quickly to my leash commands. I don't want to speak too soon, but she is definitely feeling like a keeper.

While I am watching the news about delays to fog at SFO, O'Hare facing many delays and cancellation due to weather and 22 degrees back in Michigan where she was last week, I am so glad she didn't make her long trip last week. Here are just a few shots of our afternoon in the garden where it was nearly 70 degrees and then lounging in the sunny living room as she enjoyed a favorite chew treat. Now it's time to get back to work, but I am pinching myself that I am lucky enough to work from home and with such a sweet, gorgeous companion by my side.

And, of course, we won't be so smug when the rains hit and she has to be coaxed to go out in the three months of drizzle.


Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Joe said...

It really was a beautiful weekend, and it's SO easy to forget how difficult winters elsewhere can be. However, I do miss chilly weather from time to time, and I don't think I've seen snow in several years, despite going to New Jersey every Christmas.

Speaking of which, I'll get my share of wondrous freezing weather on the 18th of this month. I'm still hoping for a bit of snow.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - I really miss some aspects of snow. I was thrilled to see some when I was in Jackson Hole about a year ago. Honestly, I find the wet but mild temperatures of San Francisco winters much drearier than any I ever experienced in New York.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I think you're onto something: much as I love SF and the East Bay, there's something about the *extremes* that feels so much more alive than the frequent low-grade chill that pervades SF & vicinity.

Still, not many things more glorious than a warm, sunny SF day.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Having grown up in the Midwest, I especially miss real rain which includes thunder, lightning and hail.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger C. L. DeMedeiros said...

LOL

When I use gay god
I was out of my mind
now re-reading I see how insane sound

Anyway,
Bookers said: Hi and thank you
for your compliment...
( he's sleeping by my feet
under my chair )

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Thanks to a strep throat infection, my weekend sucked!

L.A. has been foggy the past few nights though. OOOOOOOOOOOO!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - We've been having a nice mix of foggy mornings and sunny afternoons. Sorry about the infection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home