Wednesday, December 03, 2008

How Do You Take Your Mimosa?

I believe it was 2002 or 2003 when I changed the ruby red grapefruit walls in the hallways of my hovel to its current color that I've always thought of being a retro-harvest gold. Now I am reading about mimosa being the IT color of 2009. I've never been fond of mimosas as a Sunday morning drink. Though I always loved to go to the pre-holiday gatherings that my sister's neighbor M____ hosts and asks if I would like a MY-moe-SAW in his West Texas twang.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

My curtains which are mimosa-ish, but much more towards brown making my Telegraph Hill place too dark. I'm going to buy felt and cut it in shapes and glue the shapes to the fabric (with spirit gum?). Or maybe there's iron-on felt. The fabric store on Mission should know. They look discount but usually turn out expensive. There's some great drag material in there. (Get it?)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - Two out of five people in the UK have mimosa colored teeth. It coordinates well but not very fetching.

I'd be careful with those glued on pieces if the window gets western sun.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger ArtSparker said...

I believe there's a supernatural story called "The Yellow Wallpaper"...decorate with caution.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Susan - Sometimes I do get a bit tired of my "mimosa" walls and have thought of adding another color.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I myself take no issue with Sunday brunch mimosi (mimosi being the plural of mimosa).
Terrific color!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - The drinks are fine, just a little too sweet for me.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Joe said...

My guess is that you probably just don't enjoy having your alcoholic beverage "watered down" with juice.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Never mix, never worry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home