Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why Don't You Take Up with the Baker's Wife Instead of Me?


Before she got caught between the moon and New York City and after she penned an ode to a groovy kind of love, Carol Bayer Sager put out three albums of decreasingly interesting returns but started off as a wonderfully quirky singer songwriter whom I was really fond of at the time. Thanks to Friendatella for tipping me off to the (above) cover of "You're Moving Out Today" by Australian Mark Trevvorow from Carol's first album (as performed below). I always loved the way it felt like something that came from early 20th Century Hester Street not the late 1970s. It is a very liberating tune to me, and one I sing anytime I go through a break up and am reminded why I prefer to live with a basenji and not another human.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Well, now I have the answer to a question that has plagued me since childhood: who does the "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" song?

"What you do with bread"? My god, that's gotta be the grossest line I've heard in a mainstream pop song.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Rich - I agree it's a disturbing line. However, I've always loved this song since it's about the reality for most of us back when we were in our 20s trying to get by in a big city and dealing with high rents and bad living situations with gross, annoying roommates. That's something I can relate much more than some "I will love you forever, you have been such a blessing to my life" types of songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home