Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Year one

Though our official launch was on Labor Day weekend of 2006, this first entry from the pre-launch phase of JunkThief appeared a year ago today. It has been a real thrill to get all the in-person feedback from locals and the posted comments from new blogger friends from the far corners of the world. I hope to have more meet ups in the year ahead and hope to slowly improve on content and appearance if life ever settles down.

Thanks to all who have taken time to write this url on the finest men's room stalls around the globe. Rumor has it that you can find it in the johns at the Ritz in Paris, the Burj al-Arab in Dubai, our own local Clift and above the famed waterfall urinal of the San Luis Obispo's Madonna Inn.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I'm going to go out right now and write it on the wall of the men's room of the Golden Lantern in New Orleans. And maybe also the "Others" room, if I can sneak in there. Happy birthday.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks, Dave. I was actually there about four years ago but obviously didn't have a blog then so I had to write my cell number instead. You'll have to explain the "Others." I missed that one, and it sounds like it might be fun. I'll return the favor by buying you a six pack of Duff® beer if you ever make it out west.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Sweet. I'll try to get a picture of the "others" room tonight (and hopefully one of the patrons who falls into that category).

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, Dave, I think I get the picture now. We're less genitle here in the west. We just call those places "the pit." Have fun, though, and send pictures or video.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger WAT said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gracias.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Robert said...

You're one popular man Gregg!!! Congratulations sweetie. Cheers to another blogyear for JT!!! xoxo

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Danke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home