Monday, January 21, 2008

Interactive Monday Assignment - Make Mine Male!

Happy MLK Day everyone. I hope you're all off work and thinking about how LBJ contributed to your civil liberties.

Since it's technically a holiday, I thought I'd give you a slightly more complex assignment since you may have a little more time to work on it.

Write an introduction -- a sentence, paragraph, headline, teaser, whatever -- to one of the three cover stories. If you choose to write an entire article, you might get a special little something from Junk Thief.

Since there is a pretty large circle of followers down in New Orleans, I hope some of them write about those shocking Mardis Gras parties as the season is imminent. You don't have to be male to fulfill this assignment, but I think you have to have certain fondness for them to do it justice.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger jason said...

Well, there was the time that I was gored by that rogue rhino on the corner of St. Ann....

Said he'd call the next morning...but do you think he did?

They're all the same, I tell you.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - Sadly, it sounds like New Orleans rhinos are the same as the ones in California - ram you, gore you, forget you.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I have a big full day of work ahead. I'm a massage therapist, which means I'm extra busy on holidays. Dang, man.

Enjoy your day off. MLK is one of my heroes, so I will be thinking about him, inbetween sessions.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I've actually got another writing assignment due this week. (funny because we all know I can't spell and I was asked to write a forward for a book. How goofy is that?) I'll revisit this post soon to give you a doozie of a "wild ride" story.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

alright Mr. Junk Thief, I've taken you up on your challenge! Interestingly I had spent the morning writing the beginning of such a story already this morning. So check out the part I offer you as your introduction...

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Reya - Hope that there were some good rides with the massages.

Gavin - Come back and ride the rhino.

Bryan - Good story. I just checked it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home