Sunday, January 06, 2008

JT Exclusive: Tru Heads Out for the Evening



A number of my friends and I debate the merits of the two recent movies heralding the continued Truman Capote revival of the past few years, with most of us agreeing that Infamous is more satisfying than Capote. Surprisingly, I never hear mention of 1991's Tru. These final minutes of the play are the most touching and iconic to me. You'll not find it on DVD, VHS or (for now) YouTube, but you can see it if you want to arrange for a screening at the JunkPlex.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I haven't seen any of the Truman Capote bio pics, but the sound of his voice is real irritating to me, at least the bit of clips I saw of P.S. Hoffman in his Oscar-winning role.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - He was pretty annoying sounding, but I think Hoffman overdid it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home