Saturday, January 05, 2008

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors...

...unless they decide to get too cozy with your car.

In the scheme of historic storms, yesterdays tumult on the Bay Area was pretty minor compared to the 2005 Tsunami, Katrina, or even last month's Midwest ice storms. But it's not every day you experience 60 m.p.h. winds barrelling down my street. I was so occupied by repairing the frame of my bay window that tried to dance up to SOMA that I actually hadn't even thought about checking my car that was barely three inches away from the fence above that decided to go check out my little sedan that fortunately made it through the storm unscathed.

It is a bit odd to see all the downed fences and trees in the 'hood, but at least we're not in a flood or landslide plain.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I'm glad you survived. We had power outages and some amazing transformer explosions. The rain was almost falling sideways. That storm was something down here I can't image what it was like up there!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - It really was spooky. I grew up in tornado country, but I've never heard anything like the screaming, whistling winds that woke me at 6 a.m. yesterday. Shiver.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Yikes. I'm glad you're safe and in one piece. I hope your garden wasn't upset!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - Thanks. Fortunately we did our major tree and fence work about a year and a half ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home