Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Beware the Kiwi

Wacko Lou Sheldon of the Traditional Values coalition shows up on the radar once or twice a year, but I must admit I've not taken time to actually visit his site very often. It's interesting not just for its obvious targets -- homosexuals, "abortionists" and any Democrat, female Democrats, of course, being the worst. Of particular amusement was a transcript of a speech Hillary Clinton gave to Planned Parenthood that is supposed to shock us, and it does only in that it reveals a voice and platform that is so sane it's hard to believe it came from the United States.

Sheldon has also adopted the term "radical homosexuals", which I've heard a number of his ilk use in references these days, as if they have finally learned that just saying homosexual these days is not going to upset enough people.

However, it's particularly interesting to see that he is attacking Nancy Pelosi for turning the Congressional cafeteria "green" with healthier food selections. As Mr. Sheldon's rant states:

Her edict has replaced Jell-O with raspberry kiwi tarts and mini-lemon blueberry trifles. Buns have been replaced by baguettes.

Not everyone is happy with Nanny Pelosi’s changes. The food is fancier and the prices are higher. In addition, the stirring sticks for the gourmet coffee nearly melt-down when put in hot liquids. Coffee cups have been replaced by “ecotainers” and the cafeterias serve “free range chicken.” Meatloaf has been replaced by mahi mahi.

One Republican aide wrote: “I really don’t like Nanny Nancy telling me what I can and cannot eat for lunch. If I want to eat unhealthy, I should have that choice.”

Personally I think the right wing Republican "radicals" should be allowed to continue being offered all the artery-clogging fried slop they can consume. It certainly helped off morbidly obese Mr. Falwell, and we could hope more of them find their way to an early grave following his example instead of Mike Huckabee's. Isn't there something in the Bible about the body being a temple and that it should be respected? Never mind, I guess they don't take it literally when chowing down on those dough nuts and deep fried cheese.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Scot said...

But wouldn't the increased cafeteria prices be just the platform needed to increase Congress's salaries? If they are willing to negotiate, I'm sure a microwave can be made available to heat Hot Pockets from the Vend-O-Matic (now also serving Sanka and Taster's Choice)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Scot - Yes, I am sure those Kiwi tarts are a good reason to increase salaries by at least $75,000.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Leave the kiwis alone! As if this vile amn can't find enough things to hate and rail against.
I agree wholeheartedly with you about our girl Hillary. :) If only I were a registered democrat, I could have voted for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home