Thursday, February 07, 2008

We Have A Winner

I got an email from the co-owner upstairs that after six years of being in line, we are winners in the condo lottery. For those that don't know the San Francisco property ownership laws, this is hugely exciting, meaning that we will be able to convert from the higher risk tenancy-in-common (TIC) joint loan to individualized condo ownership. Risk goes down, security and resale values go up. A limited number of TIC-condo conversions are awarded every year. You buy lottery tickets each year, your odds improving, and it usually takes at least seven to eight years to win. The conversion process can then take one to four years and can cost more than a starter home in Michigan. For those that do live in San Francisco, I hope that I am not now seen as being imperialistic, land-baron scum. I still am cash poor. For those that are looking for an eligible bachelor, my marriage worthiness just quadrupled even though I'm uglier than sin.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You own your house? Want to go out on a date?

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Angry - I also have a car and can sort of cook. Besides being psychotic I am a real catch. Most of my dates involve taking my exes to COSTCO and IKEA. They keep me around for a reason.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

congratulations (I guess!)

eek! but you are a winner! there is a little something for you at the mouse! most eekellent dude!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Not in that dress, you're not.

Congrats, homowner!:)

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kim - EEEE. It still needs to equal E for employed to pay mortgage and a few 10s of thousands on inspection fees.

Jill - That dress? Oh, okay.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger CornFedBoy said...

Well, I'm single!!!!! Congrats

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

CFB - Gee, and I thought you liked me for my charming smile. Thanks, anyway, I appreciate the congratulations.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You own a car?!!! Nevermind. I could never date a man who owns a car!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Angry - It's a peddle/ethonal hybrid, but...oh, well, I guess I'll have to line up somebody else for tonight.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Put me on the husband list.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's so ugly about sin? For the record, you are eminently dateworthy with or without a real estate portfolio. Why, the empanadas alone...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - What makes you think aren't already on it?

Huntington - Well, I hate to brag, but you're not the first one to note the appeal of my tasty empanadas.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I am honored.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - Well, it is Leap Year, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home