Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Junk Thief May Return East

Often called the Brooke Astor of the West, Junk Thief is considering buying his name sake's digs on Park Avenue, being offered for a cool $46 million. With the crappy dollar-Euro exchange rate, this may be more easy to manage than the previous plan to buy a pied-à-terre in l'Eixample. The description of it being "well suited for elegant entertaining and intimate enough for family living" will likely remind people of the JunkPlex in the Mission, so it seems tailor made for those famed Junk Thief soirées. Plan B may be a trailer park in Antioch.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

Antioch - no! NO! I figure if the economy collapses I can always move to Louisiana with a pair of rubber boots and an oyster shucker. The picture...I love chintz!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - That was just a joke about Antioch. Junk Thief is too glamorous to live anywhere except a world class city. He needs to be ready to entertain in case he hosts a reception for Minnie Riperton.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

what a deal.... where have I been all week?

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - With that many rooms, we could probably split it. I think I could get approved for the $24 million for my half. Though I hear you have to pay cash. Perhaps we could rent out rooms to day laborers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home