Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Heart Strings and Mississippi

Even the movie obscura obsessed Junk Thief had never heard of this one released in the year of his birth, the story of a Mississippi boy and his basenji. Something suggests that it's a tear-jerker. Almost as much as a tear-jerker is the message that arrived tonight saying that if Junk Thief is ready to sign on the dotted line, Guru is permanent member of the JunkPlex. Of course, this happened just as Guru's now predictable 9:45 "frenzies" hit and he was trying to get into the kitchen cabinets, was playing with two dish towels like chew toys, was galloping up and down the hall like a speed crazed horse, scratching at the fridge, then digging and chewing at the couch ready to rip it open the way he has done to a dozen chew toys in half that many days, and then looking up with his brilliant almond shaped maple colored eyes as if to say "You are going to keep me, aren't you?" Junk Thief has always said that if you want a perfect home you better be ready to embrace loneliness, and no love is better than the one that is hard earned and comes with a few claw scratches and chew marks. The interactive assigment contiues: go or stay: temporary or permanent; short-term foster or life-long adoption?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

If you have any reservations whatsoever, I have a feeling that movie would guarantee your decision.
I say keep him! ;) Nothing a few behavioral techniques can't cure, I'm sure.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - I'm curious to see this movie since I'd never heard of it, and it's only available on VHS. Who'd have thought of a basenji being in rural Mississippi of all places?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Hmm, that's a hard decision. I guess if I were you I'd look at what made you consider this adventure in the first place. Good luck!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Not even a week, and it's been quite an adventure with surprises every day. I think one thing it's reminded me, especially with the challenge of introducing him to walking on a leash in a big city which he's never done, is always be completely alert and present and take nothing for granted. I have to admit those are good life lessons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home