Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eleven Years Ago

This photo was taken eleven years ago at a garden side meeting in Garden Grove, California, captured by my CEO at the time who thought it was a great shot -- albeit with a tad too much sun from being in the Southland.

Later that year I would use it as a profile for one of my earliest -- and typically fruitless or more often fruity -- forays into internet dating profiles. Intriguingly, the most intent offers I received were from three women in Utah who said they thought I was their soul mate if only because I so reminded them of Donny Osmond. "Puppy Love". Urgh.

Internet dating. Dating. Don't get me started.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Oddly, I've had nothing but good luck with it. Or more to the point, the same mixture of good and bad that dating old-fashioned style had.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Rich - It's been mixed on both sides for me, but mostly bad. All the more reason I'm in no mood to date anyone in the foreseeable future.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Donny OSsond???
Sorry, I don't see it. (and that's a good thing)
You've always been quite the handsome rake, haven't you?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - I never saw the Donny Osmond resemblance, thank God.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Gary said...

A you're adorable, etc.

You were and are a cutie for sure.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - You're too kind.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Even then you didn't smile.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - MAKE me smile.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hit that!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Anon - Thanks, but it's always the anons that want to hit it, not the real ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home