Sunday, February 01, 2009

Cass Elliott at Studio 54


This wasn't the greatest weekend since I was recuperating from a mercifully short-lived cold and Bow from a topical infection. I was just relieved to have the vet confirm that the bean size bump on her back was not a tumor. Unfortunately, they had to shave the area, so now the bump is visible for everyone to see. We did manage to accomplish change-of-season gardening, organizing and house cleaning in spite of ailing health.

To cheer us up, we contemplated what it would have been like had Cass Elliott been around in the winter of 1979 and did this remix of one of her classics to serenade Bianca's birthday at Studio 54. Thanks to Craiguito in the UK for dreaming up what that would have sounded like.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Good thing Miss Bow has a stunning wardrobe with which to cover her unsightly area.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - It's been warm enough for her to go on walks "nearly naked" (just harness and collar), and the rest of her beauty outshines her small, unsightly area which is healing nicely.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

Hey Junk Thief. Just dropping by to check out your blog. Nice.

I particularly enjoy that you posted a video on Mama Cass Elliott. Coincidentally, I posted about The Mamas and the Papas on my blog.

I've never heard that particular Cass song, so when I pressed play and watched the video, I literally felt like I just placed a tab of acid on my tongue and tripped beyond belief.

Thanks for that.

Besos

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Crazy Eddie - Thanks for dropping by. Cass is sort of a blast of acid even when you're clean an sober.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Sorry to hear about you two and your ailments. Start taking that Vitamin C daily. It does work!

Studio 54? I just watched the movie 54 with Ryan Phillipe and Mikey Myers. Very very interesting.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Oh, that 54 film is messed up but fun in a bad way. Mike Myers so overacted, but I loved old Disco Sally.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Hi,

I am glad that you are both feeling better.

I was just at Studio 54 on Friday night seeing Pal Joey. The place is a dump but oh what history. If those walls could talk.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - If those walls tell stories about my days there, tell them they must have me confused with another junk thief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home