Monday, May 07, 2007

Nepal Again?

There is a good chance that JunkThief will be going back to Nepal for a sixth visit this October or next March. Though it's a colorful place, I have to admit that I am less than excited, if only from the thought of making the flight from SFO to Bangkok or HK or Singapore. I can hardly stand flying to JFK these days.

And there are too many places (Nome, Reykjavik, Sapporo, Baku, Dubuque) that I've not visited yet that I would rather go to.

Then again, I might get me a nifty, shiny double-breasted suit from the boys at Fit Wel.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

What prompts so many trips to Nepal? My partner and I spent two weeks there back in 2001 - visiting Kathmandu, Pokhara, and hiking in the Annapurna's. It was a great adventure. I loved the culture, history and macaroni and cheese at 10,000 feet!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Believe it or not, all my trips have been work related. Have you ever been to Wendy's Hamburgers in Kathmandu? They don't sell hamburgers, they just know that's the name of a popular restaurant that attracts Americans. I also ordered a Chile Relleno there one time that was made from lentils, potatoes and yoghurt. I think they also knew that was a popular name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home