Thursday, May 03, 2007

No More Drugs in the Rugs!

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it a bit odd that Stanley Steemer is promoting that their staff have been drug tested as one of the main reasons you should use their services? I've always been pretty naive about drug culture, but I guess I just didn't know that the carpet cleaning industry is so rife with junkies. Is it sort of like the exterminator in Naked Lunch injecting bug poison, only in this case carpet cleaning chemicals? (Well, actually I am not the only one curious about this, but I still raise the question.)

Yes, I would prefer that the person cleaning my carpets was not high on crystal meth, but it's really not the first question I'd ask of a carpet cleaner and not as crucial of a question as it would be with -- for example -- airline pilots, where it has happened lately. I might rest better when United says "Fly non-stop to Tokyo Narita with our drug-tested pilots." Whew, less chance that we'll be crashing into Mount Fuji because the pilot mistakes it for an enormous crotch swathed in skin-tight Calvins.

I won't be calling Stanley Steemer soon anyway, but it has nothing to do with drugs. I have mainly hardwood floors and manage to get high on the fumes and laugh as the cat trips on the slick floors.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Wow, who knew?!

Are most of their carpet cleaners young gay party and play men or something?

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Scot said...

Actually, a non-stop flight to Tokyo might require a pilot on speed; he/she has to stay attentive and awake for the flight. What's it about 10 hours from San Fran? I know it was upwards of 13 LA to Hong Kong.

As for carpet cleaners on drugs- I guess there's an implication that drug addicts are going to rob you blind while they clean your rugs. Other trades they need to be high as a kite for you to plow their rug (did I go too far? does it matter?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home