Saturday, September 22, 2007

Glorious

It wasn't my imagination after. I actually hear thunder for something like the fourth time in a dozen years in California. It's one thing that I actually miss about where I grew up. And, my only regret of not being there, is that there is not as much sky here as there, where the abstract landscape makes the sky the only literal thing you have to deal with, an enormous bland, blank canvas that sometimes is fully illustrated with drama and then goes back to nothingness. It's on nights like these that I curse my scenery and question the realities that my limit the possibilities.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Dear God! What's a life without thunder?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger mrpeenee said...

I agree, deeply. There may not be much I miss about the Gulf Coast of Texas. but I do long for Mexican food, barbecue, and thunderstorms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home